Employee management appears to be one of the most essential processes in business to hire, develop and control company workforce. It comprises a set of administrative rules and practices intended to ensure that employees become more and more valuable to the organization they work for. Employee management software supports the process and allows following best practices of managing HR challenges. Business owners and managers can use dashboard capabilities of such software to monitor the state of current workforce issues.
What is employee management about?
Essentially, employee management is about creating a solid foundation for managing human resources in order to ensure growing value of workforce effort for the employer. By establishing and performing this process a company can analyze current business situation and respond to ongoing changes impacting HR. The company is enabled to understand what value each employed individual delivers and what improvements can be made to increase that value.
Effective staff management aims to ensure that:
- Decision-makers understand and control personnel activities effectively and efficiently
- Teams fulfill their current and future goals as required
- Talents are retained, and development opportunities are available and exploited
The challenges for employee management
Due to a number of external (e.g. economy fluctuations, political instability, etc.) and internal (inadequate corporate financing, poor job supervision, etc.) factors, there are many sudden changes that affect HR in a wide range of issues. Several the most critical challenges for personnel management are as follows:
- Inefficiency in employee workload caused by poor job planning
- Inadequate compensation caused by lack of employee performance measurements
- Staffing issues relating to workforce retention, training and development
Handling these challenges is more than just analyzing HR trends or keeping staff performance measures straight. It involves using special computer systems that help understand and forecast how employees deliver the organization's strategies and goals. And no matter whether the challenges are internal or external, people management systems will help focus on growth opportunities and find ways of surviving through tough times.
How can HR software facilitate?
A company that encounters the challenges of staff management needs to have a workable solution that can help address the challenges and ensure growing workforce value. Employee management software can be that solution. Such software helps address the challenges by providing the business with a number of tools that ensure workforce development and improvement.
In particular, it gives an organization the following advantages:
- Conducting job analyses to determine the most efficient methods of doing jobs
- Planning personnel activities to describe employee roles and make right assignments
- Training workforce to help employees attain a required level of knowledge or skill
- Measuring staff performance to determine wages and manage payroll data
- Exchanging information between decision makers and performers
Instead of using static, out-of-date job descriptions and infrequent reports, managers and their subordinates can use employee management software to work together on delivering value to the company. They are enabled to identify the effects of a particular decision, respond to changes occurring in the working environment, and determine each worker's role in achieving individual, departmental or company objectives.
CentriQS solution for managing HR
CentriQS is an enterprise-wide business management program that offers a range of HR solutions covering most aspects of task planning, team collaboration, payroll, training, performance analytics, etc. CentriQS will help your business manage every stage of the personnel management process, from workforce recruitment and orientation to development and retirement.
With help of CentriQS employee management database you can handle most of the HR challenges and ensure higher value of labor-force. In particular, the software enables you to:
- Create employee profiles and keep all HR data in a single database deployed on your corporate server
- Optimize workforce coverage
- Create training plans and templates for employees' future career goals
- Analyze staff performance
- Establish group collaboration and communication
For example, CentriQS features the Users & Groups view in which you can create profiles (user accounts) for your workers. You can specify such details per user account as First Name, Last Name, Email, Phone Number, Folder, and more. If needed, you can add custom fields to user accounts. If your company uses Active Directory (AD), CentriQS lets synchronize AD users and groups and add them to your database.
To create tasks for your employees, you can use the Tasks view in CentriQS. Each task can be specified with a number of default properties (such as Name, Priority, Due date, Reminder, others), so your managers can plan tasks of almost any complexity. If the default properties are not enough, you can use CentriQS Configurator to add custom properties to the entity "Task".
To measure employee performance, you can use the Task Analytics view. In this view you can create pivot tables and fill them out with various task properties. For instance, you can make a pivot table that consists of such task properties as Estimate, Remain, and Deviation to measure time performance of your workers.