www.vip-qualitysoft.com Forum Index  

To Do List,Task Management and Organizer software: Welcome to VIP Quality Software

VIP Quality Software

This Forum moved to www.ToDoListSoft.com VIP Quality Software Forum
Import/Export by CSV

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.vip-qualitysoft.com Forum Index -> Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richard Jackson

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:15 pm    Post subject: Import/Export by CSV Reply with quote

I have just started evaluating your VIP Team software. Very nice, but there's something I need (or, at least, want badly) and I can't figure out how to do it. I want to be able to take tasks for a specific person, send them a file, and then have them import that into their own to do list. I can export a CSV file, but there does not seem to be any way to filter the export for a specific person. The resources field is also lost during export, so I can't filter it afterwards in Excel. If I could figure this out step out I would be home and dry, because importing the CSV file seems to work fine.

I also noticed a couple of posts saying you were developing a network version. This would be of real interest, but it is essential that managers be able to hide tasks. For example, I may have tasks that I want only myself to be able to view, tasks that a specific group of people can view, and tasks that anyone can view. It should also be possible for users other than managers to hide tasks. I do not want to have to sift a huge list of everyone's minor tasks to see the ones that apply to me or my direct subordinates.

Overall, great software though.
Serge

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:54 am    Post subject: Re: Import/Export by CSV Reply with quote

[quote="Richard Jackson"]I have just started evaluating your VIP Team software. Very nice, but there's something I need (or, at least, want badly) and I can't figure out how to do it. I want to be able to take tasks for a specific person, send them a file, and then have them import that into their own to do list. I can export a CSV file, but there does not seem to be any way to filter the export for a specific person. The resources field is also lost during export, so I can't filter it afterwards in Excel. If I could figure this out step out I would be home and dry, because importing the CSV file seems to work fine.[/quote]
Thanks for the question. There is an easy and fast way to do this:
Solution 1. Go to TAB 'Resources', choose the resource you want to inform about tasks you assigned him/her to. Click the right button of your mouse and select 'send to do list'. If your SMTP is set, the program will automatically make a list of tasks this resource is assigned to and will send it to resource's email. The resource will receive the list in form of HTML and attached CSV file which can be imported to his/her To Do List.
Solution 2. If you need to send several tasks, you select them with help of SHIFT or STRL. Click the right button of your mouse and select 'send task to assigned resource'. If there are more than one resource assigned to these tasks, the program will automatically make separate list of tasks for each resource and will send all lists as letters with attached CSV files to resources' emails.
Serge

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Import/Export by CSV Reply with quote

[quote="Richard Jackson"]I also noticed a couple of posts saying you were developing a network version. This would be of real interest, but it is essential that managers be able to hide tasks. For example, I may have tasks that I want only myself to be able to view, tasks that a specific group of people can view, and tasks that anyone can view. It should also be possible for users other than managers to hide tasks. I do not want to have to sift a huge list of everyone's minor tasks to see the ones that apply to me or my direct subordinates.[/quote]
We started [url=http://vip-qualitysoft.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=6]new directory[/url] for discussion of network version. I posted the reply to your request there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.vip-qualitysoft.com Forum Index -> Troubleshooting All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: