www.vip-qualitysoft.com Forum Index  

To Do List,Task Management and Organizer software: Welcome to VIP Quality Software

VIP Quality Software

This Forum moved to www.ToDoListSoft.com VIP Quality Software Forum
Bug Report

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.vip-qualitysoft.com Forum Index -> Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Perera

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:29 am    Post subject: Bug Report Reply with quote

When I change the priority on any item, I get the following error:
"RowIndex out of range" and the program becomes unstable.
gomisha

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received the same error after I upgraded to 2.0.3 but it wasn't because I was trying to change the priority of a task. I think the bug has more to do with the upgrade in general.

I restarted VIP Organizer after getting this error and it was fine from then on, so I considered this bug very minor. Note that I didn't have VIP Organizer running during the upgrade process.
http://www.gomisha.com
gomisha

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:55 am    Post subject: Bug Report - "RowIndex out of range" error Reply with quote

This looks like a more major problem that I initially thought - I can't work 5 minutes in the app without getting this error and then I'm forced to restart the app.

I reproduced it when I:

1) restarted VIP Organizer
2) have a date filter set to today
3) tried to delete a task I had added
4) got an error dialog box with the message "List index out of bounds (1098)" and I can't get it to go away - after I click "OK" on the dialog box, it still stays up. I had to kill it by right clicking on the VIP icon in the system tray and selecting "Exit"

I also reproduced the error when I:

1) restart VIP Organizer
3) add 2 new tasks without a problem
4) when I added the 3rd task, I got the "RowIndex out of range" error dialog box

I was able to work around this problem by:

1) restarting VIP Organizer
2) removing all filters
3) created 5 new tasks without any problems
4) deleted those 5 tasks without any problems

But then I:

5) put a date filter on for today
6) added a new task without any problems
7) added a second new task and got a "RowIndex out of range" dialog box

So then I:

8 ) removed the date filter (so there were no filters)
9) was able to add a new task
10) was able to add a second new task
11) delete the tasks from step 9 and 10

So then I:

12) put back the date filter on for today
13) added a new task without any problems
14) tried to add a second task and got a "RowIndex out of range" error dialog box

It seems that the program becomes unstable when using date filters and looks like a serious bug.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Bug Report - "RowIndex out of range" error Reply with quote

[quote="gomisha"]This looks like a more major problem that I initially thought - I can't work 5 minutes in the app without getting this error and then I'm forced to restart the app.

I reproduced it when I:

1) restarted VIP Organizer
3) tried to delete a task I had added
4) got an error dialog box with the message "List index out of bounds (1098)" and I can't get it to go away - after I click "OK" on the dialog box, it still stays up. I had to kill it by right clicking on the VIP icon in the system tray and selecting "Exit"

I also reproduced the error when I:

1) restart VIP Organizer
3) add 2 new tasks without a problem
4) when I added the 3rd task, I got the "RowIndex out of range" error dialog box

I was able to work around this problem by:

1) restarting VIP Organizer
2) removing all filters
3) created 5 new tasks without any problems
4) deleted those 5 tasks without any problems

But then I:

5) put a date filter on for today
6) added a new task without any problems
7) added a second new task and got a "RowIndex out of range" dialog box

So then I:

8 ) removed the date filter (so there were no filters)
9) was able to add a new task
10) was able to add a second new task
11) delete the tasks from step 9 and 10

So then I:

12) put back the date filter on for today
13) added a new task without any problems
14) tried to add a second task and got a "RowIndex out of range" error dialog box

It seems that the program becomes unstable when using date filters and looks like a serious bug.[/quote]
I concur with Gomisha - this is a serious bug and needs to be fixed if I am going to buy the program - I simply can't work with having to restart the program each time [Version 2.0.3 Build 316] - I will be in touch with tech support on monday
Serge

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for this. We hope this won't happen again.
The bug fixing in the program you've download wasn't finished. We fixed the bug you describe within a couple of hours and submitted new version later that day. So please download and reinstall the program now (it has the same build). We would recommend to uninstall your current version before installation of the newest one.
gomisha

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess what - it happened again! I uninstalled VIP Organizer and downloaded the program from your home page. I noticed that it had the same date as the buggy 2.0.3 maintenance release - 24Nov05 8:59 AM. But I installed it, just like you instructed and it's STILL BUGGY - the same problem as before. The Help-about shows the same version as the buggy maintenance release that I just uninstalled - version 2.0.3 (Build 316). So I'm not even sure I installed anything new.

So then I uninstalled this "fix for the fix" and reinstalled the original version 2.0 release - 21Sep05 5:38 pm file date - 2.0.0 (Build 309) and will not be updating anything till others have had a chance to play with your updates first.

Do everyone a big favour - post the original version 2.0 (2.0.0 Build 309 from 21Sep05) that was much more stable. I've already reverted back to this version (thankfully, I had it archived). I've now wasted a couple of hours analyzing this bug and trying to work around it and I'm very disappointed with the quality level of this maintenance release.
Serge

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You were right. As usual. Please accept our apology and thank you for timely report and persistence. The bugs are fixed. New build is available.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.vip-qualitysoft.com Forum Index -> Troubleshooting All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: