www.vip-qualitysoft.com Forum Index  

To Do List,Task Management and Organizer software: Welcome to VIP Quality Software

VIP Quality Software

This Forum moved to www.ToDoListSoft.com VIP Quality Software Forum
visibility of completed recurring tasks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.vip-qualitysoft.com Forum Index -> Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gomisha

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:38 pm    Post subject: visibility of completed recurring tasks Reply with quote

If you check off a recurring task as being done, it doesn't reappear as undone on the next recurrence. It would be nice if a recurring task copied itself as a regular task on the day of recurrence. That way you can check it off as done without affecting future visibility of that task.
http://www.gomisha.com
Serge

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This could happen if you checked the task done after the it's due date. The program thought you checked the task of the next day and will show it again only the day after tomorrow. For example if the due date of a task is 18.30 and you check it 18.29 it is ok and the task will reappear at 18.31 as undone. If you are late, at 18.30 the program automatically shifts it to next day task and when you check it at 18.31 - you check tomorrow's task.
gomisha

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the clarification, Serge. I didn't realize that it makes a difference when you check off a recurring task as done. However, even if I check the recurring task as done before it's due, it still disappears from that day of completed tasks once the due date is passed. I like to review my completed items a few days later but all the recurring tasks will be missing from that day's list of completed tasks.

It would still be nice to have a "regular", non-recurring task automatically created on the day of recurrence. That way, that task can stay on that day without jumping to the next recurrence day. Also, this would help in the "time estimate" and "actual time" fields that I suggested on this forum in another thread because you wouldn't be missing the recurring tasks that were completed but jumped to the next day of recurrence.
http://www.gomisha.com
Serge

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, 'regular' copy of recurring task is a good idea how to solve the problem of recurring tasks report. Thank you.
Sean

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 6:33 pm    Post subject: As Usual - I agree with Gomisha Reply with quote

I completely concur with Gomisha

When I click a recurring task as done - it [b]completely disappears [/b]from the "undone" tasks display. This is not how an user would want to have a recurring task dealt with. I always want the [b]recurring task visible[/b].

For instance, say my recurring task is to work out once every three days.
Once I complete the first workout, I want the recurring task to show up again - telling me that I have say 3d25m to complete the next workout.

Having the entire task disappear does not give me an idea of how much time I have left to complete the next recurrance.

What should happen, is that the recurring task should "reset" itself and give the user a countdown in days, hours or minutes to the next recurrance.

Because of this flaw, I cannot use recurrance within the program - rather I have to manually reset the "due date" so that the recurring task does not disappear from my display - frankly this is a pain in the ass.

Notwithstanding the comments above - I LOVE the program - the absolute best to-do list I've ever used - once you get a few bugs ironed out, you really have a winner here.
Sean

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 6:38 pm    Post subject: As Usual - I agree with Gomisha Reply with quote

I completely concur with Gomisha

When I click a recurring task as done - it [b]completely disappears [/b]from the "undone" tasks display. This is not how an user would want to have a recurring task dealt with. I always want the [b]recurring task visible[/b].

For instance, say my recurring task is to work out once every three days.
Once I complete the first workout, I want the recurring task to show up again - telling me that I have say 3d25m to complete the next workout.

Having the entire task disappear does not give me an idea of how much time I have left to complete the next recurrance.

What should happen, is that the recurring task should "reset" itself and give the user a countdown in days, hours or minutes to the next recurrance.

Because of this flaw, I cannot use recurrance within the program - rather I have to manually reset the "due date" so that the recurring task does not disappear from my display - frankly this is a pain in the ass.

Notwithstanding the comments above - I LOVE the program - the absolute best to-do list I've ever used - once you get a few bugs ironed out, you really have a winner here.
usin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:40 am    Post subject: i agree with you Reply with quote

My monthly recurrence doesn't seem to be working properly.
it suppose to reappear (add new) when due date/time is over but it does not.

I think this is the only bug that should be fixed. Other than that, its still the
'best to do' program for me.
Serge

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you.
Could you please specify the way the program should work and give an example?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.vip-qualitysoft.com Forum Index -> Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: