www.vip-qualitysoft.com Forum Index  

To Do List,Task Management and Organizer software: Welcome to VIP Quality Software

VIP Quality Software

This Forum moved to www.ToDoListSoft.com VIP Quality Software Forum
A couple of suggestions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.vip-qualitysoft.com Forum Index -> Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
polymath

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:56 am    Post subject: A couple of suggestions Reply with quote

1. Ability to view the master outline when grouped in category. Rather than displaying task under each category (which could be mixture of categories, subcategories), I would love to see the master outline where all the tasks will be grouped according to the way you see in the category bar.

2. Ability to ignore due time in a task. There are certain tasks that do not have due time (it has due date though). In those instances, I don't want to deal with the due time. Thanks.
Serge

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject: Re: A couple of suggestions Reply with quote

[quote="polymath"]1. Ability to view the master outline when grouped in category. Rather than displaying task under each category (which could be mixture of categories, subcategories), I would love to see the master outline where all the tasks will be grouped according to the way you see in the category bar.[/quote]
If you mean 'task tree' view, then we are going to add this feature when it is possible.
Serge

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: A couple of suggestions Reply with quote

[quote="polymath"]2. Ability to ignore due time in a task. There are certain tasks that do not have due time (it has due date though). In those instances, I don't want to deal with the due time. Thanks.[/quote]
I see what you mean. We will think how to make this option more customizable.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject: Re: A couple of suggestions Reply with quote

[quote="Serge"][quote="polymath"]1. Ability to view the master outline when grouped in category. Rather than displaying task under each category (which could be mixture of categories, subcategories), I would love to see the master outline where all the tasks will be grouped according to the way you see in the category bar.[/quote]
If you mean 'task tree' view, then we are going to add this feature when it is possible.[/quote]

Yes, it's the task tree view (outline view). I hope it sooner than later.
polymath

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:07 am    Post subject: Re: A couple of suggestions Reply with quote

[quote="Serge"][quote="polymath"]1. Ability to view the master outline when grouped in category. Rather than displaying task under each category (which could be mixture of categories, subcategories), I would love to see the master outline where all the tasks will be grouped according to the way you see in the category bar.[/quote]
If you mean 'task tree' view, then we are going to add this feature when it is possible.[/quote]
Actually one way you can avoid having the tree view might be to display the full path on the category grouping instead of immediate category.

So, if I have

Work
Projec A
Subproject C
task 1
task 2

It would show

[Work/Project A/Subproject C] = heading
task 1
task 2

This way I know make sense of the context in terms where the task belongs even without the tree view. Would something like this be easier to implement than the tree view?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:20 am    Post subject: Waiting for tree view Reply with quote

I use Trenotes and I am so accustomed to working with the tree-view. I will buy VIP when you will add the tree view. I want that I can quick add, edit or delete the tasks in the tree-view into various categories.
Serge

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: A couple of suggestions Reply with quote

[quote="polymath"]
Actually one way you can avoid having the tree view might be to display the full path on the category grouping instead of immediate category.

So, if I have

Work
Projec A
Subproject C
task 1
task 2

It would show

[Work/Project A/Subproject C] = heading
task 1
task 2

This way I know make sense of the context in terms where the task belongs even without the tree view. Would something like this be easier to implement than the tree view?[/quote]

It's not difficult to implement but will probably make sorting difficult. Anyway thank you for suggestion. We see how popular tree view is so will do our best to add this feature as soon as it is possible.
Serge

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject: Re: Waiting for tree view Reply with quote

[quote="Guest"]I use Trenotes and I am so accustomed to working with the tree-view. I will buy VIP when you will add the tree view. I want that I can quick add, edit or delete the tasks in the tree-view into various categories.[/quote]
Thank you for request.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.vip-qualitysoft.com Forum Index -> Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: