www.vip-qualitysoft.com Forum Index  

To Do List,Task Management and Organizer software: Welcome to VIP Quality Software

VIP Quality Software

This Forum moved to www.ToDoListSoft.com VIP Quality Software Forum
Permissions to view tasks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.vip-qualitysoft.com Forum Index -> Network Product Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richard Jackson

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:12 pm    Post subject: Permissions to view tasks Reply with quote

What will be available to set the permissions to view tasks? Some tasks are sensitive in nature, and only certain employees should be able to see them. Will we be able to set viewing permissions by individuals and/or groups?
Serge

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In version 1.0 you can set a task as a common or as a private one. Common will be displayed to all users, private only to the task owner. We plan to make individual or group display permission in the update.
Richard Jackson

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:04 pm    Post subject: Permissions to view tasks Reply with quote

OK. Given that the network version will not work with a Linux server I guess it's a moot point, but I would need that capability. I have to assign tasks to some people that cannot be visible to others. An example might be a task associated with a product development project, and junior or new employees cannot know about it.
Serge

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see. We understand it's a critical feature so it will be added in 1.xx version not 2.xx or 3.xx.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.vip-qualitysoft.com Forum Index -> Network Product Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: