www.vip-qualitysoft.com Forum Index  

To Do List,Task Management and Organizer software: Welcome to VIP Quality Software

VIP Quality Software

This Forum moved to www.ToDoListSoft.com VIP Quality Software Forum
data file doesn't get saved after selecting "Save Datab

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.vip-qualitysoft.com Forum Index -> Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gomisha

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:43 am    Post subject: data file doesn't get saved after selecting "Save Datab Reply with quote

I'm noticing that my data file doesn't get saved after I press "Save Database" or hit "Ctrl-S" (the date and time on the file doesn't get updated to the current date and time). The only time the data file gets saved is after I close VIP Organizer. I'm concerned that if I add to do tasks all day and then the power goes out, I would have lost my day's work.

Is the data file really getting saved after you hit "Save Database"? If so, where is the saved file?

Thanks a lot and keep up the great work on a great product.

-- Misha
misha <at> gomisha <dot> com
Automated Testing Guy
http://www.autotestguy.com

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: data file doesn't get saved after selecting "Save D Reply with quote

[quote="gomisha"]Is the data file really getting saved after you hit "Save Database"? If so, where is the saved file?
[/quote]
The database file opens when application starts and closes when application closes.
However, all data is saved when you press “Save”.
gomisha

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your answer. You said that

[quote]all data is saved when you press “Save”[/quote]

but if I look at the date stamp for my data file after I press save, it doesn't change! The only time the date stamp changes is when I close VIP Organizer. If the file is getting saved after I press "Save", why isn't the date stamp on the data file getting updated?

-- Misha
misha <at> gomisha <dot> com
Automated Testing Guy
http://www.autotestguy.com

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The date of file modify will be change after close VIP Organizer because VIP Organizer doesn't close the file in work process.

We don't have any information about lost data in the database file.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.vip-qualitysoft.com Forum Index -> Troubleshooting All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: