www.vip-qualitysoft.com Forum Index  

To Do List,Task Management and Organizer software: Welcome to VIP Quality Software

VIP Quality Software

This Forum moved to www.ToDoListSoft.com VIP Quality Software Forum
add Category to Filters Bar

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.vip-qualitysoft.com Forum Index -> Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gomisha

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: add Category to Filters Bar Reply with quote

One important item missing from the new Filters Bar is Category. Often I'll select a custom filter and then select a category to further filter the tasks. Unfortunately, I can't select the category as part of the custom filter. The other problem this creates is if I have many categories and sub-categories and I do a custom filter and then a category filter on top of that, I won't know looking at my task list and filter panel that the tasks are further filtered by a category. Very often I've looked at the task list and wondered "why do I see so few tasks?" and then realized it's because I have a category filter on. But because I have many categories it takes a while to find the category to unfilter. It would be much easier to have everything in the Filters Bar so I can clearly see ALL the filter criteria, including Categories.
http://www.gomisha.com
Serge

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When we thought about adding category filters to the Filter panel we decided that it would be useful to have a saved filter (ex.: My tasks) and have a possibility to go (filter) from category to category to see My tasks in each category. As for the problem of not being aware of what filter is applied now we can provide a text line under the task grid that will show all the filter settings applied.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.vip-qualitysoft.com Forum Index -> Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: