www.vip-qualitysoft.com Forum Index  

To Do List,Task Management and Organizer software: Welcome to VIP Quality Software

VIP Quality Software

This Forum moved to www.ToDoListSoft.com VIP Quality Software Forum
recurring task due date not showing as expected

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.vip-qualitysoft.com Forum Index -> Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gomisha

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:48 pm    Post subject: recurring task due date not showing as expected Reply with quote

I have a recurring task that's set to occur every day at 00:00. However, it always shows up as due one day later than I expect it to.

Example: if today is Oct 5, the recurring task shows up as due on Oct 6. Tomorrow when it will be Oct 6, the recurring task will show up as due Oct 7.

-- Misha
misha <at> gomisha <dot> com
Automated Testing Guy
http://www.autotestguy.com
Serge

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: recurring task due date not showing as expected Reply with quote

[quote="gomisha"]I have a recurring task that's set to occur every day at 00:00. However, it always shows up as due one day later than I expect it to.

Example: if today is Oct 5, the recurring task shows up as due on Oct 6. Tomorrow when it will be Oct 6, the recurring task will show up as due Oct 7.
[/quote]
You see... 00:00 belongs to next day by definition. It can't show you this day date, as 00:00 of this day has already gone. Sad
gomisha

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply, Serge.

I think this is confusing and inconsistent with how non-recurring tasks occur. If I have a non-recurring task due on Oct 5 at 00:00 then all day on Oct 5 I will see that task listed as due today (Oct 5).

But if that task is recurring daily and the date of recurrence is for Oct 5 at 00:00, then on Oct 5 at 00:01 it will "jump" to being due on Oct 6.

I think it will be more helpful if the recurring tasks followed the same rules as the non-recurring tasks. Perhaps this is a feature request?

-- Misha
misha <at> gomisha <dot> com
Automated Testing Guy
http://www.autotestguy.com
Serge

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. We will think how to solve that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.vip-qualitysoft.com Forum Index -> Troubleshooting All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: