www.vip-qualitysoft.com Forum Index  

To Do List,Task Management and Organizer software: Welcome to VIP Quality Software

VIP Quality Software

This Forum moved to www.ToDoListSoft.com VIP Quality Software Forum
keep highlight on completed recurring task after completed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.vip-qualitysoft.com Forum Index -> Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gomisha

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:08 pm    Post subject: keep highlight on completed recurring task after completed Reply with quote

When I'm checking of a list of recurring tasks, using the space bar, I'd like to have the highlight stay on the task that I check off as done. What happens instead is that the highlight gets returned to the top of the list and I have scroll back down to the next task I want to check. I understand that a copy of the recurring task is made so I'd like the highlight to be on the completed copy of the recurring task.
http://www.gomisha.com
Serge

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you please explain why you think that it would be more intuitive if the highlight stays on the recurring task that is completed and not on the recurring task that should be completed?
gomisha

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the scenario where I would use this feature:

Very often I need to edit a recurring task's description or add notes to it. Since I don't want to edit the "master" recurring task, I first check off the task as done so I can work with today's copy of the recurring task. After I check the recurring task as done, I'd like to immediately start editing it (e.g. adding notes, updating the task title with a time stamp of when I began working on the task). But after I check off the recurring task as done, the highlight goes back to the top of the task list and I have to scroll down to the task I just checked off as done to start editing it.

I have many tasks in the task view list and many recurring tasks within that list so it really slows me down to have to keep scrolling down to edit each recurring task I check off as done.
http://www.gomisha.com
Serge

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds reasonable. We will add this feature as optional in the next update. You will be able to choose whether the highlight should stay on master or go to the new recurring task.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.vip-qualitysoft.com Forum Index -> Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: