www.vip-qualitysoft.com Forum Index  

To Do List,Task Management and Organizer software: Welcome to VIP Quality Software

VIP Quality Software

This Forum moved to www.ToDoListSoft.com VIP Quality Software Forum
Custom Fields additional check box

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.vip-qualitysoft.com Forum Index -> Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brendan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:07 am    Post subject: Custom Fields additional check box Reply with quote

Hello i've downloaded the trial version of your program and i find it very close to what i need to organise my electrical contracting company in Australia. the only things missing is the ability to add more columns and searchable fields.

also an additional check box would be handy.

eg. click first box when item is done- item crosses out (as offered),
click 2nd box when invoicing is complete- item changes colour.

I am also at a loss as to what the "department" column is for and how i can use it as a field.

Thank you.
Serge

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you please specify which of our products do you try? VIP Team To Do List or VIP Task Manager? VIP Team To Do List allows to send to do lists by email, VIP Task Manager allows to share the database through local network.
Custom fields to are already added to VIP Task Manager and are being tested. The update will be released in February 2007. You can learn more about VIP Task Manager here: http://www.taskmanagementsoft.com/index.php
Custom fields for VIP Team To Do List are planned for summer 2007.
VIP Task Manager allows to create your own statuses, so there is no need in another checkbox. Ex.: the status 'completed' or 'done' which corresponds to 95% of completion is followed by status 'invoiced' which corresponds to 100% completion.
Department is used to sort and filter tasks assigned to resources of certain departments, like marketing, development, etc.
Best,
Serge
Brendan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks serge. i was actually trying team to do list.

I have just downloaded Task manager but cant seam to get it to work. Can it be run at all without a network?

maybe i should just wait for the update of Team to do list as i will never need a network but Emailing tasks will be handy.
Serge

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are welcome.
Have you read the installation guide? There are only several pages, but great help. VIP Task Manager can work without the network. Just choose the 'full installation' and create the database on your computer.
VIP Task Manager is rather for team collaboration, while VIP Team To Do List is for team leaders. If you feel that you don't need all the features of VIP Task Manager you can wait till custom fields are added to VIP Team To Do List.
However, as it is said above, you can use VIP Task Manager for personal tasks, we could make an exception and sell you 1 license (while the minimal quantity is two). Anyway, it's up to you. I will be glad to help you no matter what your decision is.
Brendan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi just playing with task manager standard. is it possible in this version to create custom statuses? is there an option to strike out completed tasks like team to do list?

I honestly cant decide witch product, both have elements that i need but are missing some that the other has. i like the idea of the checkbox and strikeout feature of VIP to do list. but aso need the date and time field of task manager as aposed to just the due date feature of VIP to do list.
Serge

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Brendan,
Yes, it is possible to create custom statuses. Here is a direct link to the chapter from start up guide that describes how to create your own statuses. http://www.taskmanagementsoft.com/products/taskmanagerpro/tutorials/startup-guide/setting-workflow.php
As for striking out completed tasks like team to do list: In VIP Task Manager the completion of a task is directly connected with its status. We can not make a strict correspondence as statuses are customizable. So how should we know when to cross out a task? When it is 'Completed' or 'Verified'. We will think if we could make it as an option or a status property when creating or editing a status.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.vip-qualitysoft.com Forum Index -> Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: