www.vip-qualitysoft.com Forum Index  

To Do List,Task Management and Organizer software: Welcome to VIP Quality Software

VIP Quality Software

This Forum moved to www.ToDoListSoft.com VIP Quality Software Forum
Difference between 'my tasks' and assigning myself as resour

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.vip-qualitysoft.com Forum Index -> Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cyberhiker

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:26 am    Post subject: Difference between 'my tasks' and assigning myself as resour Reply with quote

I'm evaulating the team to-do to help me manage a software development team which is involved with tasks on many projects at once.

In the category list there is a default category of my tasks... is there any effective difference between this and having my name on the resource list and assigning myself as a resource to a task?

I have so many projects going on that our team is involved in that I'm using the category breakdown to list each project... and then associate each task to a category/project. Then I assign all the people who are working on that task... ...so I list myself as a resource in order to keep the breakdown by category.

How do I produce a printed to-do list for each resource... when I group by resource I only get tasks with one resource separated out - for instance if Joe Soap is one one task and Joe Soap and John Smith on another the grouping puts the task with two resources in its own section - I want all of the tasks Joe Soap is on in one section and all the tasks for John Smith in another - even if the tasks are dupicated (so that I can print a to-do for each person).

Thanks, David
Serge

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for describing your workflow in details. Such feedback let us understand better your needs.
This fall we plan to add Filter by Resource that will let you produce a printed to-do list for each resource.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.vip-qualitysoft.com Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: