www.vip-qualitysoft.com Forum Index  

To Do List,Task Management and Organizer software: Welcome to VIP Quality Software

VIP Quality Software

This Forum moved to www.ToDoListSoft.com VIP Quality Software Forum
Dock bars?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.vip-qualitysoft.com Forum Index -> Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RevRusty

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject: Dock bars? Reply with quote

Somehow I "undocked" the categories bar and couldn't get it back in its default location at upper right. Worse, in looking for a solution I've now got all the bars floating over the tasks area, which goes across the entire screen. How do I re-dock the navigation, categories and filters bars in their usual places? "Default Task View Layout" has just that option and doesn't do anything. Rebooting the program didn't either. I've looked through Help and this forum without finding an answer. Please help. I really like this program and have put all my business' eggs in its basket only to be frustratingly slowed and confused by the undocked bars.
Serge

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello RevRusty,

"Default Task View Layout" has the option to set columns in task grid, not the floating panels.

There are two solutions in your situation:
1. Drag&drop one of the panels to edge of screen and dock it. Then drag&drop the second panel to the very bottom of the one you have docked. The same with the third panel.

2. If the first variant is too complicated. Do the following
a. Close the application
b. Delete the "VIP Product name_dock.dsk" from C:\Program Files\VIP Quality Software\VIP Product name\Dsk\.
c. Restart the application.
RevRusty

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drag and drop to sides or anywhere didn't work. If moved into "Drag column header here" area, the bar went full page. Double-clicking bar header reduced it again.

But No. 2 worked! Thank you so much. Good answer -- and fast!

I'm very please with VIP Organizer. I've tried several, and it's the best. Like I said, I found it so much better than other PIMs that I plugged in all my projects and their tasks and have relied on it solely for my business for more than several weeks. Good to have it back in good working order. Thanks again.
Serge

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for your kind words.
No.1 does require some skills Smile
May I use your quote as a feedback at our site?
Thanks again,
Serge
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.vip-qualitysoft.com Forum Index -> Troubleshooting All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: