www.vip-qualitysoft.com Forum Index  

To Do List,Task Management and Organizer software: Welcome to VIP Quality Software

VIP Quality Software

This Forum moved to www.ToDoListSoft.com VIP Quality Software Forum
Archive old task

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.vip-qualitysoft.com Forum Index -> Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:03 am    Post subject: Archive old task Reply with quote

When I start to accumulate completed task – I would like to ability to save them in order to be able to keep a history of a particular project. Is there any method for archiving within the VIP Team to Do List?

Thank You,

Leo
Serge

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can filter tasks to display only 'completed' ones. Then create a category 'backup', select all 'completed' tasks using CTRL or SHIFT and drag&drop them to this category.
Also you can export these tasks to CSV file and import it to a separate database and store your completed tasks there.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hum...

Can I create a separate database of completed jobs - an example would be to start one at the beginning of the year and continue to add complete tasks to the database.

Now my question is – is there some method to “cut & paste” between two databases or any other method to make the transfer easy for those using it?

Thanks again,
Leo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooops!

Sorry the above was my message - I didn't see I was not login.

Leo Shocked

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the moment the best way to backup completed tasks is to store them at a separate category for a year or half a year, then save a copy of your database (SHIFT + CTRL + S), open the created copy and delete all other categories except for 'backup' folder.
Another way is not so simple: you can export your database to CSV format each month, then import it to 'Backup' database, filter all incomplete tasks and delete them.
Thank you for your question, you revealed a gap in the solution. We will think about a way to make 'backup' of tasks as those I described are not simple and intuitive.
mario46

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this sooooo reminds me of what Jame's has mentioned in the main discussion forum.... Smile
Serge

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the nice request. I added it to the list. We will think how to implement it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.vip-qualitysoft.com Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: