www.vip-qualitysoft.com Forum Index  

To Do List,Task Management and Organizer software: Welcome to VIP Quality Software

VIP Quality Software

This Forum moved to www.ToDoListSoft.com VIP Quality Software Forum
multiple start and stop time entries per task

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.vip-qualitysoft.com Forum Index -> Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gomisha

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:20 pm    Post subject: multiple start and stop time entries per task Reply with quote

Sometimes I'll work on a task many times throughout the day - a few minutes here, then a few more minutes later in the day. I keep track of the start and end times in the task title field so I can order the task names by name and get a chronological listing of what I worked on from the start till the end of the day.

Here's an example:
"1000-1015 Work on x"

If I'm working on a task many times throughout the day, the task field begins to look like:

"1000-1015, 1115-1127, 1345-1421 Work on x"

At the end of the day I use Excel to add up all the times so that I can put in the final value in the Actual time field.

It would be nice to enter multiple start and stop times throughout the day on a task and then have the task automatically figure out the total time worked on it.
http://www.gomisha.com
Serge

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The feature description sounds like a Time Log feature used in Time Tracking systems. We think of adding this feature in the future, but I can not tell you when as we don't have this feature in the plans yet. Thank you for your suggestion.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.vip-qualitysoft.com Forum Index -> Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: