www.vip-qualitysoft.com Forum Index  

To Do List,Task Management and Organizer software: Welcome to VIP Quality Software

VIP Quality Software

This Forum moved to www.ToDoListSoft.com VIP Quality Software Forum
task templates

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.vip-qualitysoft.com Forum Index -> Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gomisha

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:25 pm    Post subject: task templates Reply with quote

Very often I want to create different "types" of tasks. For example, many categories will always have the same resource assigned to them for all tasks in that category, so if I'm creating a new task, it would be nice to have a choice to either:

a) create the task "from scratch" as is currently the case
b) create the task from a list of task templates - that way many of the fields can be filled in for me

Example: Task Template "Critical Bug" can have the following attributes:
Category: Bug Fixes
Resource Assignment: Developer
Priority: Very High
Due Date: Tomorrow

So every time I create a task of type "Critical Bug" I don't have to waste time choosing the category, resource, priority and due date. I just fill in the description and any notes.
http://www.gomisha.com
Serge

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the request. We will think about possibility of adding it thought it is not as obvious as your other requests. It makes the program more customizable, yet less simple and intuitive, so we would need more feedbacks from our users requiring such a customization.
gomisha

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I understand your need for more user feedback. Here's where I was coming from when I made that request:

There are many parameters available just for adding a single task (e.g. 1) name 2) category 3) due date 4) priority 5) resource 6) status 7) notes 8)esimated time 9) hyperlink, etc.).

Some of these parameters tend to be the same for a group of tasks, but not necessarily the default in the "Create Task" window. It would be a time saving feature to have the ability to have some parameters already pre-filled out so adding certain tasks is as fast as possible.

It often slows me down having to fill out 5-10 parameters for a single task and I often resort to quickly writing things down in a Notepad window. Then I have to remember to go back to the Notepad window and transfer the notes from there into VIP. I'm sure this is not how you meant the program to be used, but it's sometimes a reality when you're in the middle of a lot of things and you want to quickly add a task - there's just no time to fill out all the parameters of a task.
http://www.gomisha.com
Serge

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of questions:
1. Please, give an exact example with exact parameters
2. Please explain how Notepad resorts in this situation.

Did you try to use 'duplicate' task feature for this purpose? Highlight a task, right-click, select 'duplicate' and the exact copy of task with the same parameters will be created, you will only have to rename the task.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.vip-qualitysoft.com Forum Index -> Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: