www.vip-qualitysoft.com Forum Index  

To Do List,Task Management and Organizer software: Welcome to VIP Quality Software

VIP Quality Software

This Forum moved to www.ToDoListSoft.com VIP Quality Software Forum
Main features of Network To Do List

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.vip-qualitysoft.com Forum Index -> Network Product Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Serge

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:59 pm    Post subject: Main features of Network To Do List Reply with quote

The main idea of new product is sharing tasks between team members within one single ‘to do list’ using local network. It will be used as a client server so each authorized user could create, edit and delete tasks, interactively track their status and completion, assign other team members to tasks and receive notification when tasks are completed, etc.

These are the main features however other features could be not as obvious because workflow of each company is different. For example we plan that new product will feature two task list views: 1. list of all tasks (to do list view) and 2. list of categories and subcategories with their tasks (task tree view). Also we think it would be sensible that besides team to do list view which is shown to all team members, there will be personal to do list view for only you could see your own minor tasks. What do you think?
Richard Jackson

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:20 pm    Post subject: "private" entries Reply with quote

[quote] Also we think it would be sensible that besides team to do list view which is shown to all team members, there will be personal to do list view for only you could see your own minor tasks. What do you think?[/quote]

Yes. A user could set an entry to "private". If it is private, then nobody other than the user (even at an administrative level) can see the task. There is a real danger with a piece of software like this that employees will view it as "spyware", and fight it. Permitting private entries would go a long way to curing that potential problem.

The other reason to do this is that a to-do list is very useful. If the list has to be broken down into multiple lists, some private and some public or semi-public, it becomes much less useful.
gam

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:29 am    Post subject: Re: Main features of Network To Do List Reply with quote

[quote="Serge"]Also we think it would be sensible that besides team to do list view which is shown to all team members, there will be personal to do list view for only you could see your own minor tasks. What do you think?[/quote]

I love this idea.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Main features of Network To Do List Reply with quote

[quote][size=9][quote="Serge"]The main idea of new product is sharing tasks between team members within one single ‘to do list’ using local network. It will be used as a client server so each authorized user could create, edit and delete tasks, interactively track their status and completion, assign other team members to tasks and receive notification when tasks are completed, etc.[/size] [/quote]

I'm sure you've considered this but I think it's important to include basic administrative controls which would prevent a user from inadvertently or maliciously deleting the database or otherwise modifying the data in harmful ways.

For instance, if I create a task for an employee and assign the task to him, I don't want him to be able to delete the task, change the timeline or modify any other key factors that I've established.
Serge

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Main features of Network To Do List Reply with quote

[quote="guest"]I'm sure you've considered this but I think it's important to include basic administrative controls which would prevent a user from inadvertently or maliciously deleting the database or otherwise modifying the data in harmful ways.

For instance, if I create a task for an employee and assign the task to him, I don't want him to be able to delete the task, change the timeline or modify any other key factors that I've established.[/quote]
Yes, we have considered this, but it is still the matter for discussion. This system should be flexible enough as some companies have strong administrative control, others don't. And we should balance between flexibility and easiness of use.
For instance, if you assign a task to a professional that knows better how much time he needs to complete this task it is better leave it up to him.
Of course, there are basic things like task deletion or task owner status which are not arguable. However, we would be glad if each forum member shared his opinion on which options should be editable, and which should be fixed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.vip-qualitysoft.com Forum Index -> Network Product Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: