www.vip-qualitysoft.com Forum Index  

To Do List,Task Management and Organizer software: Welcome to VIP Quality Software

VIP Quality Software

This Forum moved to www.ToDoListSoft.com VIP Quality Software Forum
New functionality? or Work Around?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.vip-qualitysoft.com Forum Index -> Network Product Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PattiO

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:15 pm    Post subject: New functionality? or Work Around? Reply with quote

I am evaluating the product. It does not have a fiew critical fields I will need to manage my multi-company task list. It would be nice if you could add custom fields (even it it was limited in the number available).

I need a Company field (it was suggested that I use the category field for now... which would/will work but I will loose some information that in the task that would be great to have. I was going to set my categorys, as security, Program Bug, Reporting... etc)

But also critical to my reporting is a place to define the person requesting making the request because I am dealing with many people at 4 companies.
Serge

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: New functionality? or Work Around? Reply with quote

[quote="PattiO"]I am evaluating the product. It does not have a fiew critical fields I will need to manage my multi-company task list. It would be nice if you could add custom fields (even it it was limited in the number available).

I need a Company field (it was suggested that I use the category field for now... which would/will work but I will loose some information that in the task that would be great to have. I was going to set my categorys, as security, Program Bug, Reporting... etc)
[/quote]
Custom fields is one of the things we plan to add to our next major update. Unfortunately we can't add it the coming soon update. At present you can use categories for companies and subcategories for security, bug tracking, etc. We understand that it is a temporary solution, and will do our best to hurry up adding custom fields.
Serge

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:06 pm    Post subject: Re: New functionality? or Work Around? Reply with quote

[quote="PattiO"]But also critical to my reporting is a place to define the person requesting making the request because I am dealing with many people at 4 companies.[/quote]
It is a good feature request though not obviously needed by the majority of users. We understand that it is critical in your case and find it interesting for possible adding. Thank you for suggestion.
PattiO

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject: Release after next date? Reply with quote

Do you have any idea when the release after next will be? Estimate is fine.
Serge

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estimated time is not earlier than late summer. Much depends on Network version release.
Richard Jackson

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: New functionality? or Work Around? Reply with quote

[quote="PattiO"]I am evaluating the product. It does not have a fiew critical fields I will need to manage my multi-company task list. It would be nice if you could add custom fields (even it it was limited in the number available).
.[/quote]

Agreed. I would also like this very much.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.vip-qualitysoft.com Forum Index -> Network Product Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: