www.vip-qualitysoft.com Forum Index  

To Do List,Task Management and Organizer software: Welcome to VIP Quality Software

VIP Quality Software

This Forum moved to www.ToDoListSoft.com VIP Quality Software Forum
Linux server?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.vip-qualitysoft.com Forum Index -> Network Product Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richard Jackson

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject: Linux server? Reply with quote

I should have asked this a long time ago, but it has only just occured to me. Will the Server To Do List run with a linux server? If the only thing on the server is the database I don't see why it wouldn't, but there are a few issues with linux servers that have caught me out in the past (esp. things like links).
Serge

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately the network product will not run with a linux server. At least its first versions.
Richard Jackson

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject: linux server? Reply with quote

That kills it for me. When you say "first versions" do you mean versions 1.xx, or does that include 2.xx, 3.xx, etc?
Serge

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We use Firebird Database Server that has Linux versions but it is not tested as we don't use this OS, still you could test how the network product will work with a Linux server as in theory there shouldn't be problems. If you are interested, please contact our tech support: support@vip-qualitysoft.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.vip-qualitysoft.com Forum Index -> Network Product Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: