VIP Team To Do List: Category Summary
Categories are used to group related tasks. Each tasks belongs to some category. You assign the category on creating a new task, and can change the category when you edit the task.
The Category Bar is used to manage categories.
The Category Bar displays the list of category (the category tree). The following commands are used to manage the category list:
- New Category
- Edit Category
- Delete Category
- Add Sub Category
- Category Indent
- Category Outdent
- Category Move Up
- Category Move Down
- Sort Categories
- Set Filter by <category>
- Show task for all categories
All the commands are accessible from the standard menu, context menu or toolbar buttons.
Apart from these commands, there are alternative ways of managing the order and hierarchy of categories, or to enable or disable a filter for a category.
- Double-clicking a lowest-level category inverts the action of the filter for it.
- Clicking a category with the Alt key held down enables or disables the filter for it.
- Holding down the Ctrl key allows to enable or disable the filter only for that category, without affecting the filter flag for other categories.
- You can change the order and position of categories in the hierarchy by drag & drop - drag a category with the left mouse button held down and release the button to drop it into the desired place.