Time Management Skill
Time management is one of the most important skills in everyday life. Benjamin Franklin was absolutely right when he said that time is money. Our time is one of the most valuable resources, as it is limited and nonrenewable resource. If you want to improve your personal productivity, make your way and have enough spare time to enjoy your life, you should learn to manage your time effectively.
Time Management Tips
- Clarify your life goals. Revise them monthly. Keep them in mind when making everyday decisions.
- It’s useful to set reminders of your goals in your home or office.
- Don’t rely on your memory only. Keep information in trusted system where you can organize and classify it.
- Plan your day each morning or the night before. You should have clear to do list for every workday.
- Set exact deadlines – date and even time, if necessary.
- Create reliable notification system. Don’t give yourself a chance to forget about some job.
- Set priorities. It will help you to be focused on the main tasks and do first things first.
- Briefly evaluate your progress at the end of the day.
- Look ahead for a month. Ask yourself what could happen. It will help you to manage your time and set priorities.
- Examine your habits. If they are harmful or useless, get rid of them.
- If you catch yourself at procrastination and laziness, try to overcome this bad tendency.
- If you have noticed that you are involved in unproductive activities or project, stop as soon as possible.
- Reward yourself when you get things done as you have planned, especially, if these things are important to you.
- If you are waiting for something or somebody, don’t waste this time. You can review your notes or think over some problem.
- Always look for opportunities of freeing up your time.
- Delegate responsibilities and tasks whenever possible.
- Ask for advice when you need it.
- Stop complaining of your failures. Start learning lessons from your mistakes.
- Enjoy whatever you do and get satisfaction out of every moment.
- Adopt an optimistic and positive attitude to your life.
How to Use VIP Time Management Software
VIP Software provides you with user-friendly and convenient time management tools. You can easily and quickly create to do list for every workday.
- To add a new task press Insert button.
- Select a due date and set notification (it could be sent to your email or mobile (cell) phone, or you can get pop-up message box or sound alert).
- Prioritize your to do list. There are six priority statuses available.
- Track your advance. You can change complete status of each task in percentage.
- You can analyze your workflow and planned activities in order to improve your time management skills. For example, you can compare estimated and actual time for each job, sort, group and filter your tasks.
Select VIP Software for Time Management
VIP Simple To Do List is the most easy-to-handle planning and organizing tool for fair price. VIP Organizer has more advanced features. It allows you to import data in different file formats and manage several databases. If you are going to delegate your tasks to other people, we recommend you to use VIP Team To Do List. This scheduling application allows you to create individual to do lists and send them by email or publish on the Web.