Brainstorming tips for better time management
What is brainstorming?
If you need to have several good ideas, the best way to get them is to create large number of them first and then to choose the best ones. Brainstorming is a wonderful method for fast ideas generating. It helps you to break out your thinking patterns and look at things into new way. How does it work? You should focus on a problem and then develop very many solutions and ideas in short time.
Though term "brainstorming" is often refers to group sessions, you can also brainstorm alone. Individual brainstorming has some advantages. You shouldn't worry about other people's opinions, therefore you can be more creative and think more freely. Creative thinking is usual human ability. Everybody has it. Our prejudices and stereotypes can easily block this ability. But you can arouse and use it.
- Focus on result. Imagine what you would like to get. You should have a clear picture in your mind.
- Fancy four or five people who are entirely different from you, people of different origin, age, education etc.
- Imagine what each of these people would think about your problem and what approach to the problem he would have.
- Now you are ready to start your brainstorming session.
- Set your mind on creating a certain number of ideas within a short time interval. The deadline should be really pressing – from 3 to 5 minutes. The number of ideas should be really large – 10 or even more, up to 20.
- Open VIP Organizer and make a list of your ideas. Some of your ideas may seem to be strange, funny or even stupid. Don’t mind about this. Free your imagination. Don’t criticize, don’t evaluate. Don’t be too serious – it’s just a game. Write down whatever comes into your mind.
- After the time has run out, think over your problem for few more minutes and generate some more ideas. Last ideas could be very useful and promising.
How to Use VIP Software for Brainstorming
- Write down your ideas during brainstorming session. You can add new item easily and quickly – just press Insert key.
- Now you have a large list of ideas and you can work with it.
- You can create different categories and group your ideas by them. Move an item to appropriate category by Drag&Drop method or using context menu.
- You can evaluate your ideas using different priorities statuses.
- You can easily sort, filter and group your ideas, and even search through them.
- After you decide what idea you would like to realize, you can compose detailed to do list, estimate time required, set due dates and so on.
VIP Software for Brainstorming
VIP Organizer allows you to group and classify your ideas easily. You can make detailed plan of accomplishing your best ideas. You can also use VIP Team To Do List to delegate tasks and create prioritized to do lists for your team members and employees as well as for your own needs. VIP Simple To Do List is the most easy-to-use software with user-friendly interface for brainstorming.