Decision making skills and techniques
Decision Making Skill
Decision making means selecting one course of action from several available. It could be rather difficult. Almost any decision has its advantages and disadvantages, so you should weigh all pros and cons and then choose one alternative. Decision making skill is one of the most important elements of time management. If you want to be in control of your time, you should learn to take your own decisions and accept their consequences.
Decision Making Techniques
If you want to make decisions quickly and effectively, you should know and use good decision making techniques on every day basis.
- Identify your problem. Don’t be distracted by the symptoms. Find a root cause.
- Gather information: all facts and assumptions concerning this problem. The problem may involve several factors.
- Before you start looking for possible decisions, you should formulate principles to judge them. Identify standards and criteria the solution should meet.
- Brainstorm and make a list of possible alternatives. Read our brainstorming tips
- Evaluate consequences of each alternative in accordance with your standards and criteria.
- Determine what choice is optimal. It will be much easier after you have completed all previous steps.
- Put your decision into action. Create detailed to do list how to accomplish it.
- Monitor execution of your plan constantly to see how it is going. Adjust your plan, if necessary.
- Evaluate results of your decision and actions. It will help you to improve your decision making skill.
VIP Software for Decision Making
- You can make a list of possible alternatives during brainstorming session. To add a new item just press Insert key.
- Then add your notes to each item. You have full-featured notepad for your notes.
- Evaluate alternatives using different priority statuses.
- After you have made a decision, you can prepare detailed plan of actions, set due dates, put reminders and so on.
- VIP Software will help you to track execution of your plan changing complete status of your actions.
- You can compare estimated and actual time for each task.
Select VIP Software for Your Own Needs
VIP Simple To Do List is the most easy-to-handle time management tool, which will help you to make decisions and put them into life. VIP Organizer has more advanced functions and features, such as tree-structured category system and data export feature. VIP Team To Do List allows you to organize teamwork by delegating tasks to other people and sending them reminders and even individual prioritized to do lists. VIP Software will help you to sharpen your decision making skill.