Effective delegation skill
Effective delegation skill
Delegating tasks is indispensable skill for managers of all levels, but not only for managers. This skill is an important part of your personal time management. You cannot do everything by yourself. Moreover, you shouldn’t. If you want to manage your time effectively, you have to assign tasks and responsibilities to others.
Delegating tasks tips
- When you face a problem or get a task, ask yourself if you have to do it on your own or maybe you can delegate this task to another person.
- The next question is: “Who I can delegate this task to?”
- If you have subordinates, you can delegate the task to one of them. Perhaps, you consider that your subordinate will perform it worse than you. But you can still delegate the task to him or her, if you are ready to train them a bit.
- You can delegate tasks not only to your subordinates, but also to your boss. For example, if the task fulfillment requires that you take some decisions that are beyond of your competency or authority, you can delegate this task to your boss.
- Service exchange may be a good idea. Somebody can do a task for you and you will do another thing for him or her.
- “Win-win” decision is the best one. In our case it means that delegating task should save your time and efforts and give something valuable to the delegatee, e.g. some training, skill enhancement or interesting and useful opportunity.
- Let your delegatee choose method and way of task execution.
- It is more effective to delegate the whole task.
- You need to communicate with the delegatee and arrange about expected results and requirements.
- Remember that you are still responsible for task fulfillment. You should be able to monitor the progress and be aware of how your task is executed and when it will be completed.
- Finally, you can buy some service from outside or delegate the task to technology or software
How to Use VIP Team To Do List
- List all your available delegatees and save their contact info (phone, email and address). Left-click on Resource Assignment Bar and select New Resource from context menu.
- Make a list of all jobs to be done and problems to be solved. To add a new task press CTRL + ALT + A.
- Set due date and time for each task.
- In order to delegate a task you should select a task and check delegatee name on Resource Assignment Bar.
- You can send to do list to your delegatee. Left-click on his or her name and select “Send to do list” from context menu. To do list will be created automatically.
VIP Software for Delegating Tasks
VIP Team To Do List is user-friendly time management solution that allows you to assign tasks, set deadlines, communicate with your delegatees easily and effectively and keep an eye on advance. You can create prioritized to do lists for your team members and print them, send by email or publish to web. VIP Team To Do List will help you to delegate tasks effectively and track their complete status.