Beat procrastination. How to avoid procrastination and laziness
What Is Procrastination?
Procrastination is a bad habit of putting away things that you should do now or that should be done already. It happens with all of us from time to time. But if it happens too often, procrastination and laziness can destroy your career and steal your good chances that come into your life. So it’s very important to recognize procrastination in its various symptoms and get rid of this bad habit as soon as possible.
How To Recognize Procrastination
- If your most important tasks are put away until later;
- if you exceed time limits or perform your tasks at the last moments;
- if you wait for another time or a special mood to start the task;
- if you hesitate when making decisions;
then there is a big chance that you are affected by procrastination habit.
First of all it means that your time management skills and self-discipline are not on the proper level. If you revise your workflow organization, you may notice that:
- Your goals are not clear enough
- Your tasks and standards for outcomes are ambiguous
- You feel that the tasks are imposed on you from outside
- You underestimate the difficulty of the tasks and time required to complete them
How to Overcome Procrastination
You need easy-to-use and comprehensible time management tool to improve your self-discipline and get in control of your workflow.
VIP Software will help you to avoid procrastination using these features:
- Advanced reminder system. You can receive notifications via email, to your mobile phone, as pop-up message box on your screen or as sound alert.
- Recurrence tasks settings. You can set recurrence tasks, if you have to repeat some activities regularly or if you need periodical reminder of some undone job.
- Prioritizing. Different priority statuses will help you to be focused on the most important things.
- Comparing or estimated and actual time. It will help you to estimate time required and difficulty of different tasks more realistically.
You will have clear and detailed to do list for each workday, so you would always be aware of what you have to do and what is already done.
Select VIP Software Corresponding with Your Needs
VIP Simple To Do List is the most easy-to-use organizing tool for a fair price. VIP Organizer has more advanced functionality, such as tree-structured category system. It also allows you to manage several databases for different kinds of information. If you need to delegate some tasks to your subordinates or colleagues, we recommend you to use VIP Team To Do List. VIP Software will help you to raise your time management skills to the highest levels.